W. Scott Lawler, Esq. – Biographical Information Corporate/Business Law Mr. Lawler has over thirty (30) years of experience in representing business clients in formation, organization, corporate governance, corporate finance, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, contracts and transactions. Mr. Lawler’s expertise in corporate law has helped him build a successful practice with clients throughout the United States and as well as clients in China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Canada, United Kingdom, Greece, Brussels, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Israel, Bermuda, Belize, Nicaragua and Panama. Mr. Lawler’s Corporate/Business Law practice includes the following types of legal work:
- Evaluating and reviewing domestic and international investment opportunities that are consistent with the client’s stated business objectives and needs;
- Mergers & Acquisitions, including corporate structuring, restructuring and reorganization;
- Preparing and negotiating numerous types of contracts including commercial contracts, joint ventures, partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements, employment contracts and service agreements.
- Advising Boards of Directors and Board Committees on various corporate governance issues including vetting and selection of executive officers, assessing shareholder rights and responding to business combination proposals; and
- Organizational matters, including formation, operating agreements, bylaws and shareholder agreements.
Estate Planning Mr. Lawler discovered that many business clients also need legal assistance in preparing their estates to provide a plan that will protect their assets, their family and their legacy. Mr. Lawler, in response to such needs, has developed an estate planning practice for both families and business owners. Mr. Lawler’s Estate Planning practice includes the design and preparation of the following:
- Revocable Living Trusts;
- Irrevocable Trusts;
- Living Wills;
- Durable Powers of Attorney;
- Health Care Power of Attorney; and
- Trust Administration;
Mr. Lawler is a member of a number of professional associations, including the American Bar Association, and is licensed to practice law in the States of Arizona and California. Born in California, Mr. Lawler received his B.S. Business Management, from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, in 1984, and received his Juris Doctorate degree from the USC Gould School of Law in Los Angeles, California in 1988.